This degree program is primarily based on the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security program requirements for designation as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense.
The curriculum builds on a foundation of communication and problem solving, theoretical and applied understanding of advanced technical concepts and policies, as well as technical hardware and software components used throughout information systems. Your understanding and practical knowledge of network security will be enhanced with research opportunities providing a particular emphasis on technologies, techniques, and operations related to specialized Cybersecurity (e.g., collection, exploitation, and response). These technologies, techniques, and operations are critical to business, intelligence, government, manufacturing, and law enforcement in order to effectively monitor, defend, and minimize the attack surface of information system networks.
Upon successful completion of this cyber security degree program, you will be able to:
- Summarize cybersecurity fundamentals and how they are interrelated and employed to achieve desired solutions and to effect mitigation strategies.
- Analyze security and operational effects on structured network communications in wired and wireless environments.
- Select and securely implement large-scale distributed cloud systems.
- Evaluate classes of possible threats, consequences associated with each threat, and determine what actions can be taken to mitigate the threat.
- Relate the legal issues governing cyber operations and the use of related tools, techniques, technology and data.
Graduates of an advanced CIS degree program have many career options, often finding career paths that lead them into IT management positions. They may manage complex IT projects, design secure computer systems using the most current information technologies, and develop innovative hardware and software system architectures. They may develop test plans and ensure their correct application. Graduates also may work as network architects or administrators who design secure computer networks, including wireless networks. Graduates of the M.S. in Information Systems degree program will be able to work in a wide variety of positions in business, industry, and government venues.
Why ECPI University Online?
At ECPI University, our supportive faculty and staff are dedicated to your success from the moment you arrive on campus. Our tradition of hands-on, student-centered education is an effective way to build skills, and our flexible, accelerated programs are designed to accommodate your schedule. From student support services to employer partnerships, ECPI University is committed to our students’ success.
Get started today. Complete the form on this page, or call us at for more information on our programs at ECPI University.